Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
This position is for a full time Float, traveling between our Chicago area health centers (Aurora, Orland Park, Ottawa, Chicago - Austin, Englewood, Loop, Near North, Rogers Park, Roseland, Wicker Park).
Applications must be filled out online at: https://plannedparenthoodrcext.peoplefluent.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-164010&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
The Float Family Planning Clinician is part of the staff team that provides reproductive health care services at the health center of assignment in accordance with Planned Parenthood of Illinois’ policies, protocols, and procedures in the PPIL Manual of Standards and Guidelines. Frequent travel is required between health centers, mileage and travel time will be reimbursed per the PPIL Travel Policy.
A list of just some of the benefits of being a Clinician at PPIL: -Great rates on health, dental, and vision insurance -401k matching -PPIL services -Generious PTO -Additional PTO for CME-related activities -Annual CME fund -No call -Detailed precepting/training program for all new hires -Opportunities to precept
1. Understand, commit to, and practice a market and customer oriented approach to health care delivery.
2. Provide well-person care to patients who present themselves with contraceptive needs, and assess physical and psychosocial status of the client.
3. If privileged to do so under the direction of the Medical Director, provide colposcopy/LEEP/med AB/expanded gynecological services; furthermore, take responsibility for the follow-up of any medical problems, abnormal lab tests, etc. consistent with PPIL protocol.
4. Conduct contraceptive education and medical interviews, such as medical history, and respond to client's queries for information of a medical nature, either in person or by telephone.
5. Following Medical Standards and Guidelines and protocol of Planned Parenthood of Illinois, the Clinician will be accountable for: - performing laboratory screening and microscopic examinations - conducting pelvic examinations and associated physical assessments - making appropriate referrals - providing contraceptive supplies and therapeutics and educating upon their use
6. Accept individual and joint responsibility for participation in health center efforts for achieving: - 4 clinician visits per hour - RVU of 8.5/clinician hour for each month - annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses, and contribution margin - compliance with all organizational quality assurance guidelines and federal regulations including OSHA and CLIA
7. Take personal responsibility to remain informed, current, and willing to follow medical policies of the Board of Directors as stated in the PPIL Manual of Standards and Guidelines concerning family planning methods, services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures.
8. To provide routine chart review as directed by the Health Center Manager.
9. To respond to needs of the clinic team as requested by the Health Center Manager including, but not limited to: - creating appointments - maintaining medical records - maintaining an efficient and clean medical facility - processing records
10. Participate in community education and staff training as needed, and provide regular feedback to the Health Center Manager.
11. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Lead Clinician.
Education: A registered nurse holding current license in the State of Illinois, who has successfully completed additional didactic training in order to qualify as a nurse practitioner and holds current license in the State of Illinois as an advanced practice nurse.
Experience: Previous work experience in a family planning clinical setting preferred.
Professional and Personal Qualities: Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care delivery. Willingness to travel within the area if necessary.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
Planned Parenthood of Illinois is Illinois' most trusted provider of reproductive health care. Each health center provides preventive services that help women, families and communities stay healthy including: lifesaving cancer screenings, breast health care, well-woman exams, contraceptive services, and sexually transmitted infection prevention and treatment.
Our skilled health care professionals... are dedicated to offering men, women, and teens the highest quality medical care and the most affordable products. Caring physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff take time to talk with patients, encouraging them to ask questions and discuss their feelings in a confidential setting.
- See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-illinois/who-we-are#sthash.Td4SYnKV.dpuf