The Phoenix VA Health Care System is currently recruiting a fee based Neurologist to support the Neurology Department, Medicine Service. The duties of the Neurologist will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide in-patient and out-patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and treatment of disease.
- Evaluate, triage, and prioritize requests from primary care providers for patients suspected of having neurodegenerative diseases or other neurologist disorders.
- Obtain medical histories, conduct physical examinations, order and evaluate appropriate laboratory testing, and plan and prescribe treatment for patients with, or suspected of having neurodegenerative diseases.
- Coordinate medical management and care with primary care providers and other clinical specialists in a multidisciplinary health care delivery system.
- Perform and supervise procedures including lumbar punctures, interrogation and programming of DBS stimulators and chemodenervation procedures for movement disorders.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned, such as peer review and review of patient access statistics to promote and assure delivery of high quality patient care.
Board certification in Neurology and EEG Electrophysiology, preferred.
Benefits: Fee Basis/Per Diem physicians earn a competitive wage and have malpractice coverage.
Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment physical prior to being appointed to our facility.
This is a random drug test position.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1987268.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.