PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Home Health ~ Relocation Assistance Available! for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
If you have a passion for making a difference and are seeking a new adventure in an exciting destination, consider a RN position with us in Ketchikan, Alaska.
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center Home Health believes it is a privilege to be of service to all persons in our community. We work closely with physicians to develop a plan of treatment that is individual to each patient’s needs.
We are committed to ensuring that every patient receives safe, compassionate loving care every time, every touch.
Our Home Health and Hospice team’s blend of compassion and skill helps our patients to:
Live each day with comfort and dignity
Retain control over their lives
Discover renewed meaning and purpose in life
Ketchikan is a vibrant little city at the southern tip of the Alaskan panhandle, and just a quick 90 minute flight from Seattle. Although it’s known as the Salmon Fishing Capital of the World, Ketchikan also boasts an award winning arts scene with dance theatre and musical performances and a diverse population of artists whose work fills the shops and art galleries in town. With a temperate coastal rainforest area, Ketchikan is much milder than most Alaska locations, and offers amazing outdoor adventures and a quality lifestyle in a smaller community.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package and competitive wages. Relocation assistance is available!
Interested? Please apply!
Email RNRecruitment@peacehealth.org with any questions
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing experience required.
- One year home health experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Minimum two years nursing experience required. One year Home Health experience preferred or will orient to the point of competency.
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan, AK community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Ketchikan, AK, The Plaza (305)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $30.92, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Alaska
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan, AK || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Full Time || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS