Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Lebanon VA Medical Center is located in Pennsylvania Dutch country. Lebanon's main campus is located in South Lebanon Township, 3 miles outside the city of Lebanon and approximately 30 miles east of Harrisburg, the state capital, and 30 minutes from the cities of Hershey, Reading, Lancaster, and York.
As a VA physician, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel (for physicians and dentists) in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The Lebanon VA Medical Center is seeking a permanent full-time Orthopedic Surgeon to assume a staff position. The Lebanon VA Medical Center serves Veterans with diverse surgical needs. The facility is seeking candidates with excellent clinical skills and experience in the full range of general orthopedic care including major joint replacement. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care as well as resident supervision and clinical instruction in the operating room, outpatient clinic and inpatient settings
- Attend, participate and supervise residents/students in outpatient clinics and take an active role in the evaluation of the patient, decision for treatment/care, and documentation in the patient electronic records
- Follow the Department of Veterans Affairs guidelines established for resident supervision, including those documentation requirements in the electronic patient health care record
- Supervise residents/students in the clinical instruction and the performance of any procedure whether in the operating room or at the bedside appropriate to their level of graduate responsibility
- Participate in call coverage
- Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility or provide the necessary services of this specialty.
- Provide surgical treatment for patients with musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, including adult major joint reconstructive services
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 08:00AM - 4:30PM, unless otherwise approved. Call is required.
Functional Statement Title/#: Privileges
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer