Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in the Ballard Obstetrical Clinic at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
Medical Assistants play a critical role on the Swedish team by supporting the work of physicians and other caregivers, keeping the team organized and assisting patients\. You'll need good written and interpersonal communication skills to help people through what can be complex processes and unfamiliar situations\.
In this position you will:
- Greet and room patients in the clinic setting
- Obtain vital signs and gather pertinent patient information
- Assist with adult and child immunizations
- May draw blood; perform common clinic screening tests, such as, but not limited to EKG, lab, X\-ray and other diagnostic tests
- Inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners phone messages as directed
- Accurately update electronic medical record \(EMR\)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program
- State of Washington Medical Assistant Certification; \(CM\) Certified or \(IC\) Interim Certified required at the time of hire
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) certification
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Demonstrated PC skills, i\.e\. proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records \(EMR\)
- Minimum one year of medical assisting in a clinic setting
- Previous EPIC experience
Added Position Benefits:
- Sign\-on bonus & relocation available
- $1,000 employee referal bonus offered
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 148199