Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro CA.
Click for virtual
tour of SACC at https://youtu.be/OtNfQ_ZTBz8
The Sub Acute Care
Center is a 125 bed licensed facility accredited by the Department of Health
Services. It is one of the largest facilities in California providing
care to ventilator and tracheostomy patients. Our goal is to create an
environment which will minimize further disease progress, aid in preserving
stability of the patient, and return to the highest level of function or
In this position you will:
- Perform delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Be responsible for duties that may include, but are not limited to EKG's, vital signs, monitoring, basic patient care and transportation.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age- specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Certified Nursing Assistant ( CNA ) certification.
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- 6 months to a year in an acute, sub acute or skilled nursing facility setting
- Understanding of basic medical terminology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous Nurse Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant experience of 1-5 years in a hospital or post acute environment .
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
MOC – 46N1 46N3 46N3C 46N4 66N 66P 0925 0944 0963
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150674