Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant ( 0.9 FTE / Day Shift ) for Acute Rehab at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in our multidisciplinary care environment. As one of the top private employers in the region, we are motivated by our nearly 160 year tradition of providing high-quality, compassion-filled care and are benefiting from a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged.
In this position you will:
- Perform delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Be responsible for duties that may include, but are not limited to vital signs, monitoring, basic patient care and transportation.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of any accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program or Nursing Assistant program or demonstrated equivalency (such as experience as a corpsman, EMT, foreign-licensed RN or MD), completion of 2nd semester of accredited Nursing Program, HHA with 1-2 years experience.
- Requires fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text.
- Requires the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Requires the ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent hospital direct patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute, or skilled nursing facility
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
Our accomplishments include the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART, as well as, ranking in the top 10% of over 240 hospitals compared by California Healthcare Foundation. In addition, we were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship. Today, Providence Health & Services celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged, and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 151245