House to Vote TODAY!
Save Provider Taxes Now
Your Source for Talented LTC Professionals!
Provides clerical support and services to meet the specific needs of the Unit.
· Performs clerical functions for the nursing unit within the unit secretary's sphere of responsibility.
· Answers the telephone, take messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
· Answers call lights and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
· Under direction of a nurse, schedules patient tests, procedures and activities.
· Prepares admission charts/records. Assemble charts for new admissions with all appropriate forms. Labels chart with correct patient and physician information.
· Processes patient orders as appropriate.
· Processes patient discharge orders. Make copy of medical record for accepting facility as required by policy.
· Disassembles patient chart and sends chart to medial records after patient discharge.
· Orders supplies under direction of the nurse manager or charge nurse.
· Assist physicians as needed.
· Prepares and keeps current census sheets.
· Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
· Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
· Adheres to and promotes Equal Employment Opportunity and the facility's Affirmative Action Plan. Serves as the facility's Equal Employment Coordinator for Affirmative Action.
· Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
· Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
· Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
· Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
· Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
· Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
· Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
· Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
· Understands the principles of growth and development for the entire lifespan and ability to provide care appropriate for adult and geriatric patients as appropriate to the patient population.
· Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations. Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills when working or interacting with patients, their families and other staff members.
· Ability to communicate in English effectively through verbal and written means to the extent necessary to perform job duties appropriately. Reading and comprehension at level necessary to perform job duties appropriately.
· Promote Adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.