Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a medical office setting
1. Knowledge of third party payers regulations and requirements.
2. Knowledge of insurance verification process
3. Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
4. Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
5. Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD ? 10 CPT codes
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
1. Skill in multi-tasking.
2. Skill in customer service.
3. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
6. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
8. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
9. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
2. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
3. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
4. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
5. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder, using computers and telephones.
Primary Location: Palm Springs, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.