This position provides administrative support to the CEO and leadership team of the hospital. In addition to typing, filing, scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and may assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Greets visitors, directs visitors appropriately; maintains the communication flow of the office.
Prepares reports, memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, special projects, etc., for the Administrator.
Reviews and edits all written materials.
Maintains the Administrator's calendar and provides clerical support to executive team as required.
Answers the telephone in a professional manner; screens calls, takes messages, directs calls appropriately.
Sorts, logs and distributes all incoming mail; identifies mail that needs immediate attention.
Prepares financial reports; department activities, travel, business expenses, etc.
Maintains an organized, efficient filing system.
Records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
Orders supplies and printing weekly. Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
Interacts professionally with all visitors, within the department/office and with other departments.
Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organizes during stressful situations.
Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
Accepts other duties as assigned.
* HS Diploma or GED required; Associates or Higher preferred along with 3-4 years experience.
* Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet .
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
* A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
* Must be able to type 40-45 wpm.
* Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
* Ability to transcribe from electronic means.
* Ability to operate office equipment.
Job : Administrative/Clerical/Secretarial Primary Location : IN-Indianapolis-Community North Rehab Hosp Organization : 4072 - Community North Rehab Hosp Shift : Day