Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Prospective Payment System Coordinator (PPS) for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City is scheduled to open in April 2020 and will offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values - our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every day! Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals ' a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient's lives.
* Investigates co-morbidities that would allow for a tier change.
* Responsible for staff education to improve FIM score accuracy.
* Review current facility nursing documentation and evaluate and eliminate repetition.
* Oversees/completes and assures the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) prior to electronic transmission.
* Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
* Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients.
* Maintain a current knowledge of the PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting.
* Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to assure accurate and timely completion of the PAI.
* Maintain updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
* Clearly identifies target reference dates for the completion of the PAI for all patients which will correctly reflect the functional status and care needs of the patient to result in the correct Case Mix Group (CMG) assignments.
* Coordinates the completion of the admission assessment of the PAI by the fourth (4 th ) day of the patient's stays and the fifth (5 th ) day following discharge for each inpatient rehabilitation patient. May require discussions/interactions with various staff members concerning differences in reported functional status to complete the PAI. Submitting completed IRF PAI to HIM Department for coding transmittal.
* Assures that the PAI reflects the functional status and 24-hour care needs of the patient.
* Compares actual knowledge of the care provided to the patient and the information contained on the PAI. Makes all changes to the PAI to correctly reflect a three-day summary of the functional status and 24-hour care needs of the patient.
* Periodically audits PAI, clinical documentation and billing information to assure accuracy and consistency of documentation.
* Assists the CQPI in identifying and monitoring trends in patient care as identified through the PAI.
* Works closely and collaboratively with all members of the clinical team to assure compliance at all levels.