UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
This position assists the HIM Manager in coding, planning, developing and maintaining the Health Information Services department of the hospital in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards as well as hospital policies and procedures.
This is a 50% position (20 hours per week) with a flexible schedule.
* Codes IRF records using current ICD coding version and within time-frame set by hospital.Works closely with the Outcomes Manager in assigning the Impairment Code for all admissions.
* Transmits the IRF PAI in a timely manner for all Medicare inpatients.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
* Assists in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining Health Information Services in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO, CARF).
* Assists in establishing and maintaining procedures for the collection, coding, abstracting, filing and retrieval of medical records.
* Works with staff physicians in getting records completed within the required time-frame.
* Guides nursing staff in keeping records neat and orderly during the patient's hospitalization.
* At discharge, processes records within required time-frames.
* Reviews and process requests for patient information within required time-frame.
* Develops and maintains good rapport with inter-disciplinary team members to help ensure that medical records are properly maintained and problem areas are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
* Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
* Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
RHIT or RHIA (or eligible) or Coding Certification by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association)
Hospital HIM Department and coding experience preferred.
Job : Coding/Transcription Primary Location : WI-Madison-CHC Payroll - Madison Rehab Hospital Organization : HRS IRFS Shift : Day