Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
El Paso, Texas
Arlington Heights, Illinois
San Antonio, Texas
As a Respiratory Therapist you will have:
- As required for Registry by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Testing Personnell: Must meet one of the following:
- (1) Have earned an associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical lab technology or
- (2) Have a high school diploma or GED and have successfully completed a military medical lab procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have the Medical Laboratory Specialist (lab tech); or
- (3)Have a high school diploma or GED and have documentation of training appropriate for the testing to be performed prior to analyzing patient specimens such as: Skills required for proper specimen collection, handling, labeling, preservation, processing, preparation and storage, skills required for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, implementing all standards of lab practice, quality control, Working knowledge of reagent stability and storage and awareness of factors that influence test results.
- Certified / Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Appropriate licensure from state licensure agency.
- BCLS and ACLS certifications and maintain them for the duration of employment.