Location: Los Angeles, California
Position: Full-time Restorative Aide
Location: Kindred Hospital Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA
Setting: LTAC Hospital
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
We are currently recruiting for a Restorative Aide. You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Provides patient care support under the direction of a licensed therapist. Help mentally and/or physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Responsible for carrying out individual restorative programs designed by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist.
- Communicates observations of patients' condition, preventing patients' neglect, abuse and violations of rights and privacy, and promoting continuity of care through accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
- Sanitization of whirlpool, tubs and showers when used in restorative therapy, and assisting patients with ambulation and transfer as needed.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Superior customer service and resident care skills.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and experience working with older adults.
- A High School diploma or GED
- 6-12 months relevant experience strongly recommended in a rehab setting.
- CPR certification (when required).
- Willing to participate in on-the-job training after initial orientation.
Salary: $15 - $18 / hour
- We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this hourly rate, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this hourly rate
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 16 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts