Location: Louisville, Kentucky
UofL Health, Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro
UofL Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have announced a joint venture to build and operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
This new 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be located at 5000 Chamberlain Lane, near the intersection of I-71 and I-265 in the northeast area of Jefferson County, and will serve the growing East End of Jefferson County and adjacent counties. The approximately 55,000-square-foot, two-story rehabilitation facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities.
UofL Health - Frazier Rehab Institute is recognized nationally as an innovator in rehab care. For more than six decades, patients from across the world have sought out Frazier Rehab for life-enhancing treatments and therapies. The new facility is expected to help manage the growing needs of the region and will free up access to the array of specialty programs at its downtown location with one common goal - helping people of all ages with disabilities reach their fullest potential in physical and cognitive functioning.
Successful candidate's will initiate one on one dialog with potential referral sources and maintain position relationships with current referral sources. They will design, develop and drive cutting edge sales strategies designed to increase patient admissions that leverage partner's core competence in the area of rehabilitating medically complex patients.
The successful candidate will leverage their clinical and sales expertise to promote the Hospital to prospective referral sources aiding in the patient admissions/referral process. This process begins with identifying new prospects, educating them on Hospital and clearly establishing how we are able to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Through the building of long term relationships with these referring facilities and physicians, the successful candidate will facilitate the identification and assessment of future patient admissions factoring in length of stay, and level of acuity which should align with the outcomes expected from Kindred's clinical expertise in rehabilitation and nursing. The candidate can expect to spend most of their time (80% or more) in the field, making presentations, assess patients and building these long term relationships.
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process.
- Perform on-site (typically in referring facility) clinical judgment to determined appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Communicates to patients and families rehabilitation and facility options. Communicates to patients determined appropriate for admission the patient's expectations and requirements for participation.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development, and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age-appropriate care.
- Functions as initial contact for external case management and discharge planner personnel with payors and hospital facilities.
- Completes face to face, in-service education contacts to physicians. And face-to-face, in-service educational contacts to case managers, and other professionals.
- Inform and educate physicians, case managers, and other decision makers about the Hospital and acute rehabilitation services.
- Performs market analysis, market research and development and implementation of marketing and business plans.
- Assists in developing the annual market plan for the facility.
- Develops marketing plans for assigned programs, which includes market analysis and financial feasibility studies.
- Assists the various departments of the facility with new business and marketing plans.
- Continuously monitors the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans.
- Represents the facility with business leaders, physicians, the community and the media.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Director of Business Development and the marketing staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in regards to marketing and business plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clinical Licensure required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and EMR systems.
- Formal Sales Training preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.