Location: Marrero, Louisiana
West Jefferson Medical Center- Inpatient Rehab Unit
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing care coordination including needs assessment and identification of care options, communication with patients and families in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent gathers and manages patient data related to case management, care planning, and QI analysis. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
1. Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
2. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
3. Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations and client hospital
4. Assist with the development of student programs as requested.
5. Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
6. Maintain competency, licenses/ certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
7. Demonstrate use of effective case management skills to plan, coordinate and evaluate patient care and movement in the care continuum.
8. Supports the team in the development of individualized care plans.
9. Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients and families.
10. Collect quality review data.
11. Participate in survey preparation activities.
12. Interact with assigned program consultant.
13. Participate in unit safety committee activities.
14. Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 16 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Current Registered Nurse or Social Work licensure
- Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification, American Case Management Association (ACM) or Board Certification in CM by the ANCC e.g.: RN-BC
- Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently
- Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player.
- Must recognize and observe confidentiality principles.