Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
LifePoint is a leader in community-based healthcare, becoming a diversified healthcare delivery network with 50,000 dedicated employees and more than 3,000 employed providers working in more than 65 community hospital campuses, more than 30 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum. We also have more than 15 new rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals currently under development. With many locations, we are certain to have a job for you!
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. We welcome you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Case Manager / CM you will:
- Coordinate management of care for a specified patient population in a single hospital.
- Follows patients throughout the continuum of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies.
- Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs.
- Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
As a Social Worker you will:
- Work closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are met.
- Ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care.
- Assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for admission to the Rehab Unit.
- Have strong rehab experience and possess the skills necessary to develop the case management, social work, and discharge planning service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community resources
- Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical inpatient rehabilitation IRF.
- Have an excellent understanding of effective interface between patients, families, and medical professionals.
- Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient acute rehabilitation are helpful.
As a Case Manager / CM you will have:
- Appropriate minimum degree for preferred licensure or certification or commensurate experience in a related healthcare field.
- Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification.
- Clinical experience preferably in med-surg and post acute care settings
- Good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently.
- Incumbent shall have demonstrated progressive responsibility in previous job roles, positive communication skills and basic computer word processing ability.
- Knowledge of reimbursement benefits and requirements including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid and managed care is required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently.
As a Social Worker you will have:
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- If required by state practice laws, current Social Work license (MSW) or eligibility
- Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred in inpatient medical rehabilitation
- Social Service related experience in a health care setting desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
- Must have clinical experience working with individuals, families and groups.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by various health and welfare organizations in the community
- Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned to.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the residents served.
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer program
- Must have strong leadership skills