Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Lifepoint Health is recruiting for a Projects Analyst to join our Payroll Team!
The Payroll Projects Analyst implements process and/or system improvements, provides technical systems support, coordinates use of new reporting tools, training aids, research tools, etc. This role establishes consistent training programs for all payroll functions, records, and documents all department processes (systems, pay rules, tax setups, year-end, etc.).
About Lifepoint Health:
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
Essential Functions: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Analyzes business requirements, develops and/or approves design specs, configures to or ensures configuration meets specifications and validates results of payroll and/or timekeeping system conversions, upgrades and enhancements.
- Leads and instructs payroll processing staff in organizing workload, communication with field, and development of policies and procedures relating to payroll, time and attendance, and/or leave entitlement issues and research.
- Applies advanced technology and tools in the analysis, design and development of complicated ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, Support Center departments, management and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes technical and analytical skills to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes within the department.
- Facilitates development and presentation of training materials designed to further knowledge of payroll systems, taxes, regulatory issues, and other payroll related practices.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position primarily serves internal co-workers.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Advanced Computer Skills -- Routine use of electronic mail and computer systems. Ability to incorporate complex and complicated functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
- Moderate Communication -- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others and make presentations to department or middle management.
- Job Specific Impact -- Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
- Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
- Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal own goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Moderate -- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Business Management or combined education/experience equivalent.
2-3 years of experience that includes IS/ Payroll, project management, report writing, and system conversion