Job Seekers, Welcome to Long Term Care Career Center
Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 1163 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Loading... Please wait.
Expand Show Other Jobs
Job Saved Save Job
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) PRN
- Under guidance of supervising OTR/L: Acquires pertinent information and implements comprehensive program using varied techniques and treatment activities; reviews and modifies treatment in response to changing patient needs; identifies equipment and discharge needs.
- Provides treatment to diverse diagnostic population and completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy and State Practice Act.
- Observes treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals and recommends change to the supervising OTR/L, if needed.
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per AOTA Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation, including QI scoring, of patient treatment in the patient medical record as indicated
- The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services. Some facilities also treat adolescent patients.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain after consulting with supervising OTR/L abd makes appropriate physician contact as indicated.
- Protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional, and social status.
- Advocates for the profession through memberships, affiliations, continuing education, community service and legislative support.
- Assists in inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintenance of safe, clean work environment.
- Assists in preparation/maintenance of daily treatment schedule.
- Assists in program development and preparation to meet regulatory agency standards i.e. Joint Comission, CARF.
- Observes, measures and records the cardiovascular responses of heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
- Plans and presents educational programs for department; hospital and/or community.
- Provides orientation, instruction, supervision and/or guidance to ancillary staff, COTA students, and volunteers.
- May transport patients/equipment to/from therapy gym.
- Uses computer system to assist in preparation/maintenance/printing of work list and entering of charges.
- Utilizes specialized equipment, testing procedures and/or advanced treatment techniques with appropriate competency.
- Other duties as assigned
About Kindred Hospitals
More Jobs from This Employer
Loading. Please wait.