Location: East Chicago, Indiana
St. Catherine's Hospital in East Chicago, IN
Inpatient Acute Rehab Unit
$2,500 Sign on Bonus
As a Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA you will:
- Work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting.
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, you will implement the patient's Care Plan for rehabilitation. Help mentally and/or physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
As a Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA you will have:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA program culminating in an Associate Degree.
- Current state licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA or equivalent in the states where services are rendered.
- CPR certification (when required)