Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Mental Health/Social Services
LifePoint Behavioral Health is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Director of Pharmacy to join the team at Valley Springs Behavioral Health Hospital, a 150 bed hospital opening in August 2023 in Holyoke, MA. At Lifepoint Behavioral Health, we specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. Our teams are committed to providing superior patient care that exceeds industry standards as well as patient expectations.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
The Pharmacy Director functions as the Pharmacist in Charge and is responsible for operational management of the Pharmacy Department including functioning as the main pharmacist. The primary function of this position is to manage the department in compliance with the philosophy, policies, procedures, goals and budget of the department. The director incorporates and demonstrates customer service strategies in order to achieve the organization's goals.
Job Specific Functions:
- Demonstrates administrative responsibilities related to daily operations management.
- Develops goals, objectives, policies and procedures for departmental operation
- Works to improve services provided and assure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Keeps leadership informed of operational activities, needs and problems.
- Drives installation and implementation of new services, procedures and pharmacy automation products.
- Fosters teamwork throughout the organization.
- Develops and executes Performance Improvement Programs involving pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrates skills in measuring, assessing, and improving organizational performance.
- Encourages professional development of departmental personnel through in-service education and external education
- Manages the pharmacy team including hiring, training, scheduling, resolving performance issues, coaching and mentoring.
- Reviews and approves Technician and Pharmacists schedules prior to distribution to staff.
- Meets regularly with pharmacy staff regarding pharmacy operations.
- Develops, implements and monitors appropriate staffing plans based on factors such as acuity and census.
- Coordinates and facilitates the performance reviews within the organizations recommended time frame using appropriate methods of assessing staff competence.
- Provides oversight for purchasing and inventory management.
- Demonstrates understanding of JC Standards, HCFA, CARF and State Standards and monitors department's compliance.
- BS Pharmacy required, PharmD and/or MBA/MS (or equivalent education/experience) preferred
- Must hold a current state license to practice pharmacy.
- Minimum five years' experience in hospital pharmacy is desirable.
- Demonstrated management/leadership skills and/or program management